Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

About moi

Let me start by telling you a bit about myself. I am a 20-something city girl who's nuts for fashion. I am a fashion merchandising grad and I love love LOVE everything fashion. I also love to travel. Its my absolute favourite thing to do and I want to go everywhere! I love seeing new places and learning about their history and experiencing their culture. I also love movies, music, art, architecture, history, and to some extent, cooking. I really enjoy food but I also care very much about my health, which is why I started this blog.

Every year I promise myself I'm going to get in shape and be healthier. While I do generally eat fairly healthy (some chocolate is healthy, right?), I can never get motivated to exercise. I carry on that resolution until about halfway through the first week of January and then I never cast a sideways glance to that treadmill again. I am lazy. And I am the first to admit it. I hate working out. It bores the hell out of me! And while I've learned that you really can't force anyone to do anything until they're ready, you really can't force yourself either. You have to be ready. I couldn't for the life of me make myself stick to a workout plan because I didn't want to. But this year I guess I'm ready and I want to; I WANT to get in shape and look hot.

I've made it four weeks (I started early) working out 4 days a week. This is a HUGE accomplishment for me. I am really proud of myself and I really REALLY want to stick with it. I need to lose that extra little belly pooch and just generally tone up a bit more. But beyond that I really want to be active and fit because I need to be. Its essential. So please help me and pass on some words of encouragement and motivation! I want to hear your stories of success, of failure, of those midnight binges! Recipes, tips, which kind of exercise works for you or doesn't, lemme know how its going for you!

Lots of love,
(and willpower),
fashionfoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment